REGULATIONS OF LITHUANIAN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES LIBRARY
by the Sitting of the Rectorate on
February 5, 2004.
Proceedings record No. 162
1. The Library is a division of the University. It functions under the Higher Education Law of the
Republic of Lithuania, the Library Law, Statute of the University, resolutions of Senate,
Rector's orders and the present Regulations.
2. The stock of the Library is under protection of the State.
3.The procedure of the library stock and service usage is determined by "Rules and Regulations of
Using the Book stock and Services of VPU Library".
4. The Library is the part of Interlibrary Loan system. A procedure of lending and borrowing
books and other
documents is defined by "Regulations of Interlibrary Loan Services in the
5. The Library prepares various projects for libraries and takes part in their preparation, as well as in their
II. AIMS AND TASKS OF THE LIBRARY
6. The Library takes part in training competent, well-educated teachers for Lithuania's schools and other
educational institutions, fosters culture of reading and information usage of future teachers, as well
as their bibliographical skills.
7. Provides its users with published materials and documents required, factual data, analyses and meets
information needs of users in the optimum way.
8. Arranges book exhibitions, information days and department days, users conferences; informs
users about library services.
9. Composes and prepares for publishing methodical and bibliographical materials, indices, lists.
10. Completes the stock of printed materials and other documents following study programmes, department orders
to printed materials and other resources in Library's possession.
11. Analyses and estimates the supply of printed materials and other resources as well as usage of
present stock, together with departments.
12. Writes off dokuments that are out-of-date, worn out or duplicates; makes exchange with other libraries.
13. Automatizes operations of librarian work.
14. Creates, updates and maintains information search means: the electronic catalogue, user and office
catalogues, bibliographical and factual databases; instructs how to use them.
15. Prepares documents regulating library's work.
16. Encourages and promotes the staff qualification raising.
III. STRUCTURE OF LIBRARY, ITS FINANCING, MATERIAL AND TECHNICAL SUPPLY
17. The structure and financing of the Library as well as the number of the staff is under regulations
enate when being proposed by the methodic board of the Library.
18. Library's structure, list of staff and financing accepted by the Senate are to be confirmed by Rector.
19. The means for library's maintenance are planned as a part of a general estimate
of the University.
20. The direction of the University allots premises for the Library's needs and supply with necessary
equipment, computers and copying machines.
IV. GOVERNING OF THE LIBRARY
21. The Library is under the guidance of the director who is responsible for all library's activities in
due course of law.
22. The Rector appoints and dismiss the library director as well as other library employees according
to proposals of the director.
23. The Library elects its methodic board. The board considers and discusses principal aspects
of library's perfomance according to the rules and regulations confirmed by Rector.
24. Library's annual reports are submitted to Rectorate's hearings and confirmed by Rector.
25. Conforming to the valid law, the Statute of the University and Regulations of the library, "Rules
and Regulations of using the book stock and services of VPU library" are beying prepared.
They are to be confirmed by Rector of the University.
26. The staff of the library and department's rooms possessing of library's printed
materials and other documents is responsible for the security of library stock conforming to
valid law and agreements on material responsibility.